Shop By Brand
Choose Your Preference
Choose Your Brand
Swim caps are one of the most useful products in our sport. Swim caps hold your hair, protect your hair against chlorine and is fashionable. Some swim caps allow you to swim faster and some protect you against the cold. Coaches encourage their swimmers to wear team custom swim caps, so swimmers can identify themselves with the team. Swim caps are everywhere in a swimming pool.
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about swim caps:
1) Do swim caps keep your hair dry?
No, swim caps do not keep your hair dry. The main purpose of swim caps is to keep your hair out of your face.
2) What swim cap should I wear?
It depends on what you are doing in the water - racing, training, water aerobics, open water, etc ...
- - Racing swim caps are usually made of latex or silicone. The newest swim caps for racing are made of molded silicone which reduce drag during a race.
- Training swim caps are made most commonly of silicone, latex and sometimes Lycra
- Water aerobic caps: Lycra is the most comfortable choice. Bubble caps are also used for these classes.
- Open water swim caps: Silicone generally works but often neoprene swim caps are the best choice in case the water is cold.
3) Do you sell swim caps for people with long hair?
Yes we do. Manufacturers have finally made larger swim caps for people with long hair. Shop our long hair swim caps >>
4) Do you recommend a specific swim cap?
Again, it really depends on what you are doing in the water - here are our suggestions:
- For racing: wear your team custom swim caps if the team has one. Or you can use a silicone swim cap.
- For practice: wear whatever you like. Go wild with plenty of color. It makes no difference during training.
- For water aerobic; choose something comfortable. Lycra swim caps are your best choice.
- For open water: If it is cold, wear neoprene. You won't regret that choice.
5) How to care for a swim cap?
We suggest rinsing your swim cap after racing or practice with clear water. Dry the swim cap inside-out. When the swim cap is dry, use some baby powder inside. This will prevent the swim cap from sticking to itself. This doesn't apply to Lycra swim caps.
6) How long a swimming cap last?
If you use the care information above, swimming caps can last a few months. If not, the swim caps could be unwearable after few days or weeks.
What Customers Are Saying...
Reviewing: Tyr Long Hair Swim Cap
Good for long hair
YUFENG Z., SAN JOSE, CA
| Aug 22 2015
I bought it for my daughter who has long hair. It works very well. Very comfortable.
Reviewing: Speedo Aquatic Fitness Cap
Speedo Aquatic Fithess Swim Cap
DOROTHY S., BUFFALO, NY
| Jul 27 2015
Just what I have been searching for over a few years... an old fashioned heavy duty swim cap that will not rip after only a few uses. Perfect for a casual lap swimmer such as myself.
Reviewing: Tyr Lycra Swim Cap
Great swim cap
LEE A S., NASHVILLE, TN
| Jul 24 2015
This is a great cap for anyone with a lot of hair! It fits snug, and fits around the ears and forehead, which is great. The goggles don't knock it off, and it stays put during laps.