Custom Silicone Caps
Custom Latex Caps
Swim caps are one of the most useful products in our sport. Caps hold your hair, protect your hair against chlorine and are fashionable. Some caps allow you to swim faster and some protect you against the cold. Coaches encourage their swimmers to wear team custom swim caps, so swimmers can identify themselves with the team. Caps are everywhere in a swimming pool.
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions:
1) Do caps keep your hair dry?
No, Caps do not keep your hair dry. The main purpose is to keep your hair out of your face.
2) What kind of cap should I wear?
It depends on what you are doing in the water - racing, training, water aerobics, open water, etc ...
- For Racing, caps are usually made of latex or silicone. The newest swimming caps for racing are made of molded silicone which reduce drag during a race.
- For Training, caps are made most commonly of silicone, latex and sometimes Lycra
- Water aerobic caps: Lycra is the most comfortable choice. Bubble caps are also used for these classes.
- For Open water Caps: Silicone generally works but often neoprene swim caps are the best choice in case the water is cold.
3) Do you sell caps for people with long hair?
Yes we do. Manufacturers have finally made larger swim caps for people with long hair. Shop our long hair swim caps >>
4) Do you recommend a specific Cap?
Again, it really depends on what you are doing in the water - here are our suggestions:
- For racing: wear your team custom swim caps if the team has one. Or you can use a silicone cap.
- For practice: wear whatever you like. Go wild with plenty of color. It makes no difference during training.
- For water aerobics; choose something comfortable. Lycra swim caps are your best choice.
- For open water: If it is cold, wear neoprene. You won't regret that choice.
5) How to care for a cap?
We suggest rinsing your cap after racing or practice with clear water. Dry it inside-out. When the cap is dry, use some baby powder inside. This will prevent the cap from sticking to itself. This doesn't apply to Lycra caps.
6) How long a swimming cap last?
If you use the care information above, caps can last a few months. If not, the caps could be unwearable after few days or weeks.
7) Speedo and Tyr caps are the most popular swim caps brands.
What Customers Are Saying...
Reviewing: Swim Cap Jazz
NANCY L., MOUNT AIRY, MD
| Sep 15 2016
Good cap, a little tight, but still good. Material is thicker than I am used to, but still efficient. The color is very cool/pretty!
Reviewing: Water Gear Latex Swim Cap
Water Gear Latex Swim Cap
PAUL J., WALNUT CREEK, CA
| Sep 13 2016
Great price, caps last well for low priced latex...
Reviewing: Arena Smart Fabric Cap
STACY M., VALLEY CENTER, CA
| Aug 30 2016
This is the best cap. It is easy to get on & does not pull my hair!