Three hundred twenty-three consecutive meets without a loss
- that's just one highlight in Dick Hannula's coaching record. One of the all-time great swimming coaches, Dick Shares the secrets of his success in this book, including
- developing a philosophy,
- planning for the season and preparing for practices,
- teaching the competitive stroke,
- maximizing meet preparation and performance, and
- evaluating your swimmers and your program.
Hannula offers great insights for veteran and beginning coaches. He explains the latest scientific principles in stroke mechanics so you can incorporate them into your teaching now. You'll find important details for teaching perfect technique in the four competitive strokes, plus starts, turns, and finishes. You'll also find 64 illustrated drills (at least 14 for each stroke) to help swimmers learn, practice, and refine every technique. And if you're a swimmer looking for an edge, you'll appreciate that much of Hannula's approach is drawn from the perspectives of swimmers themselves.