Save up to 40%
with Trip Hedrick, Multi-time Masters National Swimming Champion and former Iowa State University Head Men's Swimming Coach and Clark Campbell, former Professional Triathlete and University ...
Product ID: TRD-02383C
with Trip Hedrick, Multi-time Masters National Swimming Champion and former Iowa State University Head Men's Swimming Coach and Clark Campbell, former Professional Triathlete and University of Kansas Head Women's Swimming Coach.In this 2-DVD presentation, Hedrick and Campbell deliver the most comprehensive, "A to Z" swimming technique and training instruction available!Product Features include:
- Disc One, Freestyle Technique, is divided into two parts, Swimming 101 and Swimming 201, with Hedrick and Campbell presenting an instructional progression for freestyle that focuses on an "outside in", extremities-first teaching methodology.
- In Swimming 101, Hedrick begins in the water with the most basic adaptations to the aquatic environment and then demonstrates a stroke progression beginning with "what the extremities do." He then adds breathing technique and timing to the progression, taking you to the point where it becomes "ability level appropriate" to add body rotation.
- In Swimming 201, Campbell proceeds with a more advanced level instructional progression including drills that teach a swimmer how to incorporate body rotation into an efficient freestyle. Then, it's "off to the lake" where Campbell offers essential technique, training, and racing strategies for open water.
- Disc Two includes Swimming Training, in which Campbell takes you through a classroom segment discussing training methods for swimming.
- He includes test sets to establish appropriate training zones as well as seasonal, weekly, and daily training strategies. Bonus Features includes a flip turn progression along with training toys/equipment segment to enhance freestyle training!
- From novice to seasoned veteran, this DVD is certain to make you a better technical and race-ready swimmer, as well as educating you with training strategies that will help you maximize your invaluable training time!
- 134 minutes. 2005.
If you're looking to improve your athletic abilities, videos from Championship Productions will function as a great guide!
Be the first to review this product.Write A Review