Swim Stroke Technique
$32.00 $40.00 Up to 20% Off
Product ID: V2010-1 | SKU:
In GO SWIM ALL STROKES, Olympian and world record holder Eric Shanteau shares his key focus points for developing perfect technique in all four strokes. Eric's technique is very "teachable" and will work for every level of swimmer -- novice to elite. The extraordinary swimming footage of Eric, combined with his clear explanations of what he does and how he does it, will help take your swimming (or coaching) to the next level.Eric's Focus Points:
- Fly: Use chest and hips for easy speed; kick from the hips
- Back: Connect hips to shoulders; deep catch and flow the pull; keep the kick small, quick, and steady
- Breast: Achieve breaststroke "streamline" on every stroke; keep the hands moving; pull the hips forward; keep the kick small, quick, and narrow; time hands and feet to minimize resistance
- Free: Maintain balanced rotation; Early Vertical Forearm; connect pulling hand to hip; steady quick kick
- Turns: Learn how Eric does all 7 of the competitive turns, including the backstroke-to-breaststroke crossover turn.
- Each focus point -- and all 7 turns -- are illustrated from multiple angles -- side, head-on, below, and rear -- and from above and below the surface.
- Slow-motion and freeze-frame footage allows you to zoom in on key moves and really see how to do them.
- ERIC SHANTEAU has been at the top of the charts ever since he was an age-group swimmer in Lilburn, GA. At 2004 SCM World Championships, he won bronze in the 400 IM. At 2005 World University Games, Eric won gold in the 200 and 400 IM At the 2008 Olympics he placed 10th in the 200 Breaststroke. At 2009 World Championships he won bronze (200 IM), silver (200 breast), and gold while helping Team USA set a world record in the 400 Medley Relay. In 2009, he ranked 3rd in the world in the 200 IM. At 2010 Pan Pacs, Eric won bronze in the 200 Breaststroke. A 4-time US National Champion and cancer survivor, Eric trains in Austin, TX, and is an advocate for LIVESTRONG, one of the world's leading fundraisers for cancer research. Please visit him at Eric Shanteau LIVESTROKE Challenge.
- GO SWIM ALL STROKES WITH ERIC SHANTEAU was written, filmed, and produced by the team of GLENN MILLS, a member of the 1980 US Olympic Swim Team, and BARBARA HUMMEL, veteran of two Olympic Trials and currently a coach and World Top-Ten Masters swimmer.
- Running time: 68 minutes
Picture shown may not reflect cover of actual product.
No reviews yet.