MEN'S SWIMWEAR INFORMATION
- Swimwear for men comes in various styles and designs. Choosing the right swimwear for your swimming needs can make all the difference in your performance.
- Jammers: swimsuits that go from the waist to the knee. The most popular swimsuits among lap swimmers. Swim jammers provide more coverage than the conventional brief, yet still fit tightly to the body. They can vary in length and in many ways resemble cycling shorts. Jammers are used for racing as well as practice.
- "Speedos", briefs, racers --- 3 terms that describe just the regular and traditional swimsuit. Briefs offer great support and are good for both swimming and sunbathing.
- Drag suits are purposefully baggy swimsuits that create resistance while swimming. Drag suits are part of resistance training and could be considered training gear. They should be used for practice only.
- Square legs: Those are a little bit longer than traditional briefs. The outseam may vary from 5" to 9" depending on the manufacturer. In general, swim square legs are used for practice, but some swimmers use it for racing.
- How to size men swimsuits? The right swimwear provides comfort and coverage as well as support for freedom of movement. See our standard men's swimwear sizing chart »
- Fabric used in men's swimwear
- Polyester: swimsuits made of 100% polyester are more resistant to chlorine and last longer. 100% polyester swimsuits are recommended for training and practice.
- Lycra/Spandex: swimsuits made of Lycra stretch better and usually fit more comfortably. However, they have a tendency to fade quickly and to get baggy with time. Recommended for some racing and comfort. Not recommended for training/practice. These swimsuits won't last long in highly chlorinated water.
MEN'S SWIMWEAR REVIEWS
What Customers Are Saying...★★★★★
Reviewing: Speedo Solid Brief
JOEL H., FORT LAUDERDALE, FL | Dec 21 2017
Reviewing: Arena Brief DIRECTUS
DANNY B., BROOKLYN, NY | Dec 15 2017
A little skimpy, as far as I am willing to go but they look good. Comfortable, and the sizing is good. Not really a review expert, I would recommend them.★★★★★
Reviewing: Tyr Durafast Elite Solid Racer
Tyr Durafast Elite Solid Racer Male (black color)
ROBERT J., SALEM, OR | Dec 15 2017
I am an older male triathlete. Competing is my passion and pleasure. i swim 2-3 hours a day about 5 days a week. Tyr Durafast Elite Solid Racer Male is a great swim suit. my swim suits get a lot of hard use with many hours in the pool and the hot tub -- and the TYR suit endures. i buy several suits a year and have for many years - always a TYR Durafast Elite Solid Black Racer!!!