MEN'S SWIMWEAR INFORMATION
- Swimwear for men comes in various styles and designs. Choosing the right swimwear for your swimming needs can make all the difference in your performance.
- Jammers: swimsuits that go from the waist to the knee. The most popular swimsuits among lap swimmers. Swim jammers provide more coverage than the conventional brief, yet still fit tightly to the body. They can vary in length and in many ways resemble cycling shorts. Jammers are used for racing as well as practice.
- "Speedos", briefs, racers --- 3 terms that describe just the regular and traditional swimsuit. Briefs offer great support and are good for both swimming and sunbathing.
- Drag suits are purposefully baggy swimsuits that create resistance while swimming. Drag suits are part of resistance training and could be considered training gear. They should be used for practice only.
- Square legs: Those are a little bit longer than traditional briefs. The outseam may vary from 5" to 9" depending on the manufacturer. In general, swim square legs are used for practice, but some swimmers use it for racing.
- How to size men swimsuits? The right swimwear provides comfort and coverage as well as support for freedom of movement. See our standard men's swimwear sizing chart »
- Fabric used in men's swimwear
- Polyester: swimsuits made of 100% polyester are more resistant to chlorine and last longer. 100% polyester swimsuits are recommended for training and practice.
- Lycra/Spandex: swimsuits made of Lycra stretch better and usually fit more comfortably. However, they have a tendency to fade quickly and to get baggy with time. Recommended for some racing and comfort. Not recommended for training/practice. These swimsuits won't last long in highly chlorinated water.
What Customers Are Saying...
Reviewing: Square Cut Solid
Speedo square leg size 38
ROBERT B., ROCKVILLE CENTRE, NY
| Apr 23 2017
Well made and a perfect fit.
Reviewing: Tyr Nylon Trainer
TYR Trainer Suit
ROGER C., FEDERAL WAY, WA
| Apr 20 2017
Very pleased with the product. Quality is very good and is true to size.
Reviewing: Tyr Durafast Splice Jammer
Tyr Durafast splice Jammer male
BERNARD O., HAPEVILLE, GA
| Apr 14 2017
this is my second Tyr Durafast suit I swim 2-3 hours a week and the last suit lasted 2years .These are true to size I was concerned about fit as Iam more football build large thighs than thin swimmer but they fit great.