MEN'S SWIMWEAR INFORMATION
- Swimwear for men comes in various styles and designs. Choosing the right swimwear for your swimming needs can make all the difference in your performance.
- Jammers: swimsuits that go from the waist to the knee. The most popular swimsuits among lap swimmers. Swim jammers provide more coverage than the conventional brief. Jammers fit tighly to the body. They can vary in length and in many ways resemble cycling shorts. Jammers are used for racing as well as practice.
- "Speedos", briefs, racers --- 3 terms that describe just the regular and traditional swimsuit. Briefs offer great support and are good for both swimming and sunbathing.
- Drag suits are baggy swimsuits. They are loose on purpose to create resistance while swimming. Drag suits are part of resistance swimming and could be considered training gear. They should be used for practice only.
- Square legs: Those are a little bit longer than traditional briefs. The outseam may vary from 5" to 9" depending on the manufacturer. In general, swim square legs are used for practice, but some swimmers use it for racing.
- How to size men swimsuits? The right swimwear provides comfort and coverage as well as support for freedom of movement. See our standard men's swimwear sizing chart »
- Fabric used in men's swimwear
- Polyester: swimsuits made of 100% polyester are more resistant to chlorine and last longer. 100% polyester swimsuits are recommended for training and practice.
- Lycra/Spandex: swimsuits made of Lycra stretch better and usually fit more comfortably. However, they have a tendency to fade quickly and to get baggy with time. Recommended for some racing and comfort. Not recommended for training/practice. These swimsuits won't last long in highly chlorinated water.
What Customers Are Saying...
Reviewing: Tyr Bravos Jammer
MATTHEW T., ORLEANS, ONTARIO
| Apr 18 2016
It's gorgeous ! Double layered and looks so nice. Have yet to take it for a spin. If you plan on ordering at a size, add 2 and do that. I ordered a 28 and it's super tight so I'm hoping it stretches or I lose weight ;)
Reviewing: Speedo Poly Mesh Square Leg
JOAO S., TORONTO, OH
| Mar 17 2016
I have been using this product for the last 10 years. It is my 3rd suit. It is durable and confortable. Runs a little large after using it everyday for the whole year.
Reviewing: Swim Jammers Alliance
KIM S., LOWER SACKVILLE, NOVA SCO
| Mar 14 2016