Shop By Brand
- Swimwear for men comes in various styles and designs. Choosing the right swimwear for your swimming needs can make all the difference in your performance.
- Jammers: swimsuits that go from the waist to the knee. The most popular swimsuits among lap swimmers. Swim jammers provide more coverage than the conventional brief. Jammers fit tighly to the body. They can vary in length and in many ways resemble cycling shorts. Jammers are used for racing as well as practice.
- "Speedos", briefs, racers --- 3 terms that describe just the regular and traditional swimsuit. Briefs offer great support and are good for both swimming and sunbathing.
- Drag suits are baggy swimsuits. They are loose on purpose to create resistance while swimming. Drag suits are part of resistance swimming and could be considered training gear. They should be used for practice only.
- Square legs: Those are a little bit longer than traditional briefs. The outseam may vary from 5" to 9" depending on the manufacturer. In general, swim square legs are used for practice, but some swimmers use it for racing.
- How to size men swimsuits? The right swimwear provides comfort and coverage as well as support for freedom of movement. See our standard men's swimwear sizing chart »
- Fabric used in men's swimwear
- Polyester: swimsuits made of 100% polyester are more resistant to chlorine and last longer. 100% polyester swimsuits are recommended for training and practice.
- Lycra/Spandex: swimsuits made of Lycra stretch better and usually fit more comfortably. However, they have a tendency to fade quickly and to get baggy with time. Recommended for some racing and comfort. Not recommended for training/practice. These swimsuits won't last long in highly chlorinated water.
What Customers Are Saying...
Reviewing: Speedo Must Be It Brief
DANIEL W., WELLINGTON, FL
| Feb 8 2016
The suits were very small. Also product description didn't mention that the Lycra suits have full polyester lining. Polyester is a rougher fabric that chafes many people, especially on long, open water swims. I assumed the suit was only front lined.
Reviewing: Speedo Solar 1 Brief
DUANE A., CITRUS SPRINGS, FL
| Jan 20 2016
Fits and feels great in the water
Reviewing: Swim Jammers Solid
WALTER S., SHIRLEY, NY
| Jan 19 2016
The waistband folds over while swimming particularly when I push off the wall.