Shop By Brand
- Swimwear for men comes in various styles and designs. Choosing the right swimwear for your swimming needs can make all the difference in your performance.
- Jammers: swimsuits that go from the waist to the knee. The most popular swimsuits among lap swimmers. Swim jammers provide more coverage than the conventional brief. Jammers fit tighly to the body. They can vary in length and in many ways resemble cycling shorts. Jammers are used for racing as well as practice.
- "Speedos", briefs, racers --- 3 terms that describe just the regular and traditional swimsuit. Briefs offer great support and are good for both swimming and sunbathing.
- Drag suits are baggy swimsuits. They are loose on purpose to create resistance while swimming. Drag suits are part of resistance swimming and could be considered training gear. They should be used for practice only.
- Square legs: Those are a little bit longer than traditional briefs. The outseam may vary from 5" to 9" depending on the manufacturer. In general, swim square legs are used for practice, but some swimmers use it for racing.
- How to size men swimsuits? The right swimwear provides comfort and coverage as well as support for freedom of movement. See our standard men's swimwear sizing chart »
- Fabric used in men's swimwear
- Polyester: swimsuits made of 100% polyester are more resistant to chlorine and last longer. 100% polyester swimsuits are recommended for training and practice.
- Lycra/Spandex: swimsuits made of Lycra stretch better and usually fit more comfortably. However, they have a tendency to fade quickly and to get baggy with time. Recommended for some racing and comfort. Not recommended for training/practice. These swimsuits won't last long in highly chlorinated water.
What Customers Are Saying...
Reviewing: Speedo Solar 1 Brief
I don't think I could be more satisfied.
EDWARD H., LOS ANGELES, CA
| Jun 26 2015
Great fit, I really like these briefs
Reviewing: Tyr American Flag Racer
Two pairs of trunks should last 1 year
JOHN ANDREW G., SOMERSET, KY
| Jun 21 2015
I now have two pairs of trunks from swim2000. Two different brands but I like fabric sturdiness and cloth thickness of both of them. They should last together 1 year or more provided that don't get too loose on the flip turns as I continue to loose weight this year.
Reviewing: Speedo Swimwear Dive
I hope Speedo continues to make this product.
Joseph T., Redlands, CA
| Jun 18 2015
I hope Speedo continues to make this product