MEN'S SWIMWEAR INFORMATION
- Swimwear for men comes in various styles and designs. Choosing the right swimwear for your swimming needs can make all the difference in your performance.
- Jammers: swimsuits that go from the waist to the knee. The most popular swimsuits among lap swimmers. Swim jammers provide more coverage than the conventional brief, yet still fit tightly to the body. They can vary in length and in many ways resemble cycling shorts. Jammers are used for racing as well as practice.
- "Speedos", briefs, racers --- 3 terms that describe just the regular and traditional swimsuit. Briefs offer great support and are good for both swimming and sunbathing.
- Drag suits are purposefully baggy swimsuits that create resistance while swimming. Drag suits are part of resistance training and could be considered training gear. They should be used for practice only.
- Square legs: Those are a little bit longer than traditional briefs. The outseam may vary from 5" to 9" depending on the manufacturer. In general, swim square legs are used for practice, but some swimmers use it for racing.
- How to size men swimsuits? The right swimwear provides comfort and coverage as well as support for freedom of movement. See our standard men's swimwear sizing chart »
- Fabric used in men's swimwear
- Polyester: swimsuits made of 100% polyester are more resistant to chlorine and last longer. 100% polyester swimsuits are recommended for training and practice.
- Lycra/Spandex: swimsuits made of Lycra stretch better and usually fit more comfortably. However, they have a tendency to fade quickly and to get baggy with time. Recommended for some racing and comfort. Not recommended for training/practice. These swimsuits won't last long in highly chlorinated water.
What Customers Are Saying...
Reviewing: Speedo Fitness Splice Square Leg
Speedo Fitness Splice Square Leg
KATHARINE K., TUCSON, AZ
| Feb 12 2017
Sizes run a bit small
Reviewing: Speedo Solar 1 Brief
solar 1 inch
IAN F., ROCHESTER, INTERNATIONAL
| Jan 29 2017
don't be scared to wear these - the compression works well, they fit well and seem hard wearing - white you need to wash and add a little bleach or chlorine makes them go a little yellowish
Reviewing: Square Cut Tie Dye
Great value and cool pattern
CHRIS K., MOUNTVILLE, PA
| Jan 25 2017
Looks like a great set of Nike square leg swimwear. I will be giving them a try in St. Croix VI in 3 weeks !