MEN'S SWIMWEAR INFORMATION
- Swimwear for men comes in various styles and designs. Choosing the right swimwear for your swimming needs can make all the difference in your performance.
- Jammers: swimsuits that go from the waist to the knee. The most popular swimsuits among lap swimmers. Swim jammers provide more coverage than the conventional brief. Jammers fit tighly to the body. They can vary in length and in many ways resemble cycling shorts. Jammers are used for racing as well as practice.
- "Speedos", briefs, racers --- 3 terms that describe just the regular and traditional swimsuit. Briefs offer great support and are good for both swimming and sunbathing.
- Drag suits are baggy swimsuits. They are loose on purpose to create resistance while swimming. Drag suits are part of resistance swimming and could be considered training gear. They should be used for practice only.
- Square legs: Those are a little bit longer than traditional briefs. The outseam may vary from 5" to 9" depending on the manufacturer. In general, swim square legs are used for practice, but some swimmers use it for racing.
- How to size men swimsuits? The right swimwear provides comfort and coverage as well as support for freedom of movement. See our standard men's swimwear sizing chart »
- Fabric used in men's swimwear
- Polyester: swimsuits made of 100% polyester are more resistant to chlorine and last longer. 100% polyester swimsuits are recommended for training and practice.
- Lycra/Spandex: swimsuits made of Lycra stretch better and usually fit more comfortably. However, they have a tendency to fade quickly and to get baggy with time. Recommended for some racing and comfort. Not recommended for training/practice. These swimsuits won't last long in highly chlorinated water.
What Customers Are Saying...
Reviewing: Speedo Launch Splice Jammer
The product was OK
ALAN C., TROY, MI
| May 12 2016
Just ok - I have had better suits from Speedo. Also if you are in between sizes make sure to go smaller, the suit seems to run a little large.
Reviewing: Speedo Poly Mesh Square Leg
vintage look, very good quality
FRANCK E., HOUSTON, TX
| May 10 2016
Nice swimsuit, vintage look, good quality, very robust, easy to swim with
Reviewing: Speedo Solid Brief
classic swim suit
SERGIO C., FT. LAUDERDALE, FL
| May 10 2016
comfy and perfect for those who love to swim with no tangling stuff