MEN'S SWIMWEAR INFORMATION
- Swimwear for men comes in various styles and designs. Choosing the right swimwear for your swimming needs can make all the difference in your performance.
- Jammers: swimsuits that go from the waist to the knee. The most popular swimsuits among lap swimmers. Swim jammers provide more coverage than the conventional brief, yet still fit tightly to the body. They can vary in length and in many ways resemble cycling shorts. Jammers are used for racing as well as practice.
- "Speedos", briefs, racers --- 3 terms that describe just the regular and traditional swimsuit. Briefs offer great support and are good for both swimming and sunbathing.
- Drag suits are purposefully baggy swimsuits that create resistance while swimming. Drag suits are part of resistance training and could be considered training gear. They should be used for practice only.
- Square legs: Those are a little bit longer than traditional briefs. The outseam may vary from 5" to 9" depending on the manufacturer. In general, swim square legs are used for practice, but some swimmers use it for racing.
- How to size men swimsuits? The right swimwear provides comfort and coverage as well as support for freedom of movement. See our standard men's swimwear sizing chart »
- Fabric used in men's swimwear
- Polyester: swimsuits made of 100% polyester are more resistant to chlorine and last longer. 100% polyester swimsuits are recommended for training and practice.
- Lycra/Spandex: swimsuits made of Lycra stretch better and usually fit more comfortably. However, they have a tendency to fade quickly and to get baggy with time. Recommended for some racing and comfort. Not recommended for training/practice. These swimsuits won't last long in highly chlorinated water.
MEN'S SWIMWEAR REVIEWS
What Customers Are Saying...★★★★★
Reviewing: Nike Poly Core Solid Brief
fantastic swim wear
MICHAEL P., VISTA, CA | Sep 16 2019
they look good and work well for swimming★★★★★
Reviewing: Dolfin Trainer Brief RAPIDE
DONALD T., ANNAPOLIS, MD | Aug 27 2019
Snug if you like that kind of thing. But, very good quality and nice colors. Snappy. Ordered an X-LG and have about a 38 in waist. Wish it was a tad bigger but no big deal.★★★☆☆
Reviewing: Speedo Male Solid Endurance + Square Leg
JOHN P., E GREENWICH, RI | Jun 30 2019