Shop By Brand
- Swimwear for men comes in various styles and designs. Choosing the right swimwear for your swimming needs can make all the difference in your performance.
- Jammers: swimsuits that go from the waist to the knee. The most popular swimsuits among lap swimmers. Swim jammers provide more coverage than the conventional brief. Jammers fit tighly to the body. They can vary in length and in many ways resemble cycling shorts. Jammers are used for racing as well as practice.
- "Speedos", briefs, racers --- 3 terms that describe just the regular and traditional swimsuit. Briefs offer great support and are good for both swimming and sunbathing.
- Drag suits are baggy swimsuits. They are loose on purpose to create resistance while swimming. Drag suits are part of resistance swimming and could be considered training gear. They should be used for practice only.
- Square legs: Those are a little bit longer than traditional briefs. The outseam may vary from 5" to 9" depending on the manufacturer. In general, swim square legs are used for practice, but some swimmers use it for racing.
- How to size men swimsuits? The right swimwear provides comfort and coverage as well as support for freedom of movement. See our standard men's swimwear sizing chart »
- Fabric used in men's swimwear
- Polyester: swimsuits made of 100% polyester are more resistant to chlorine and last longer. 100% polyester swimsuits are recommended for training and practice.
- Lycra/Spandex: swimsuits made of Lycra stretch better and usually fit more comfortably. However, they have a tendency to fade quickly and to get baggy with time. Recommended for some racing and comfort. Not recommended for training/practice. These swimsuits won't last long in highly chlorinated water.
What Customers Are Saying...
Reviewing: Dolfin Poly Solid Jammer
GREGORY T., EVANSVILLE, IN
| Oct 9 2015
Size and fit were as described in the website. Have use this brand previously and was well satisfied. Price was competitive and shipping fast.
Reviewing: Nike Prism Brief
Great fit & color
KENNY C., SIMCOE, ON
| Oct 2 2015
This suit fits great. True to size and the colors are even more vibrant the the photos. I don't usually like swim briefs that are double lined in the back as they take much longer to dry while wearing and the rear lining often hangs out the bottom after time. Hopefully this doesn't happen with the Nike Prism swim brief. It would be nice if the description stated that the suit is lined front and back.
Reviewing: Nike Splatter Brief
Code loves it. Calls it his paintball suit
DENNIS P., OAK PARK, IL
| Sep 24 2015
Made my swimmer very happy to have a cool new Nike suit to wear at practice. He said his "Paintball" suit ROCKS!