WOMEN'S SWIMWEAR INFORMATION
- Choosing the right swimwear for your swimming needs can make a lot of difference. The style and design is of course important; different styles suit different body shapes. Choosing the right material is also important. Finally the size must also be right. The fit should be snug but not tight. Here is more information on these points:
- Fabric used in women's swimwear
- Polyester: swimsuits made of 100% polyester are more resistant to chlorine and last longer. 100% polyester swimsuits are recommended for training and practice. Speedo Endurance Womens Swimsuits are among the most popular as they last a long time.
- Lycra/Spandex: swimsuits made of Lycra stretch better and usually fit more comfortably. However, they have a tendency to fade quickly and to get baggy with time. Recommended for some racing and comfort. Not recommended for training/practice. These swimsuits won't last long in high chlorinated water.
- Which style for you?
- Competition swimwear: Competition swimsuits are first intended for lap swimmers. The priorities in competition swimwear is comfort, durability and performance. The swimsuits come in different designs and prints: some colorful, some very plain.
- Technical suits: Technical swimsuits are specifically designed for racing in competition. Manufacturers use the newest technologies and the best fabrics to build technical swimsuits. That is why the cost is greater than regular competition swimsuits. Ready, Get set, Go!
- Fitness swimwear: Most commonly called "Water Aerobics Swimsuits". Fitness swimsuits have more conservative cuts and can have additional support like shelf bras or soft cups. Fitness swimwear is available in plus sizes as well.
- Lifeguard suits: traditional swimsuits with lifeguard/guard logos. Lifeguard swimsuits are most appropriate for certified lifeguards. Different styles include: one-piece, two-pieces, trunks and boardshorts. Lifeguard suits are usually red, but navy or black colors are also available. Check our Lifeguard Apparel »
- Practice swimwear: Most swimmers use traditional practice suits for training. Practice suits come in different fabrics like polyester or Lycra. Polyester swimsuits remain the #1 choice because they last longer and are chlorine resistant.
WOMEN'S SWIMWEAR REVIEWS
What Customers Are Saying...★★★★★
Reviewing: Dolfin Aquatard Womens
very long lasting other one is 6 years old
ROVETTA A., LITHONIA, GA | Nov 14 2018
very long lasting other one is 6 years old★★★★★
Reviewing: Dolfin Uglies PUMPKIN QUEEN
Dolfin Uglies are the best!
SANDRA B., LARAMIE, WY | Oct 19 2018
I've tried other exercise swimsuits, as well as tankinis with separate panties, and I'm never going to use another swimsuit brand or style now that I have become a fan of Dolfin Uglies. They provide excellent coverage, are easy to put on and remove, and come in many fun prints. The fabric doesn't "grow" with use, and the colors don't fade. I've paid a lot more for suits that don't do everything these Dolfin Uglies do, and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a perfect suit for lap swimming. Be aware that the sizes refer to the hip measurement, so a size 40 is probably equivalent to a misses size 10 in a regularly sized suit. In addition, although they are lined, they lack underwires or other breast support.★★★★★
Reviewing: Dolfin Aquashape LACEY Conservative
Dolfin Aquashape Lap Suit
BARBARA C., BURLINGTON, WA | Oct 15 2018
This is the fourth Dofin suit I have purchased. I use them four days a week in a swimming pool and they have outlasted my friends Speedos and other brand swimsuits.