WOMEN'S SWIMWEAR INFORMATION
- Choosing the right swimwear for your swimming needs can make a lot of difference. The style and design is of course important; different styles suit different body shapes. Choosing the right material is also important. Finally the size must also be right. The fit should be snug but not tight. Here is more information on these points:
- Fabric used in women's swimwear
- Polyester: swimsuits made of 100% polyester are more resistant to chlorine and last longer. 100% polyester swimsuits are recommended for training and practice. Speedo Endurance Womens Swimsuits are among the most popular as they last a long time.
- Lycra/Spandex: swimsuits made of Lycra stretch better and usually fit more comfortably. However, they have a tendency to fade quickly and to get baggy with time. Recommended for some racing and comfort. Not recommended for training/practice. These swimsuits won't last long in high chlorinated water.
- Which style for you?
- Competition swimwear: Competition swimsuits are first intended for lap swimmers. The priorities in competition swimwear is comfort, durability and performance. The swimsuits come in different designs and prints: some colorful, some very plain.
- Technical suits: Technical swimsuits are specifically designed for racing in competition. Manufacturers use the newest technologies and the best fabrics to build technical swimsuits. That is why the cost is greater than regular competition swimsuits. Ready, Get set, Go!
- Fitness swimwear: Most commonly called "Water Aerobics Swimsuits". Fitness swimsuits have more conservative cuts and can have additional support like shelf bras or soft cups. Fitness swimwear is available in plus sizes as well.
- Lifeguard suits: traditional swimsuits with lifeguard/guard logos. Lifeguard swimsuits are most appropriate for certified lifeguards. Different styles include: one-piece, two-pieces, trunks and boardshorts. Lifeguard suits are usually red, but navy or black colors are also available. Check our Lifeguard Apparel »
- Practice swimwear: Most swimmers use traditional practice suits for training. Practice suits come in different fabrics like polyester or Lycra. Polyester swimsuits remain the #1 choice because they last longer and are chlorine resistant.
WOMEN'S SWIMWEAR REVIEWS
What Customers Are Saying...★★★★☆
Reviewing: Nike Electric Anomaly Fast Back
Brightly Colored Swim Suit
LYNN S W., OAKLAND, NJ | Apr 4 2018
I purchased this swim suit for my teenage daughter, who swims on a competitive swim team. Their colors are orange and black and she uses this for practice. Although she switches between this suit and another practice suit (do not recommend your swimmer wear their team suit to practice so it doesn't stretch), the colors have not yet faded, the fit is still great, and it washes well. I do NOT use the dryer but rather hang dry.★★★★★
Reviewing: Dolfin Aquashape Conservative Swimsuit
Very Good Shopping Experience
Joan W., Oroville, CA | Apr 3 2018
Every year I have a hard time finding a bathing suit I like. This year I went to your website and found exactly what I wanted with ease. And the size chart was a huge help in picking out the perfect size. The bathing suit is just what I wanted and looks great.★★★☆☆
Reviewing: Speedo Swimsuit CYCLONE STRING
KIMBERLY N., NICEVILLE, FL | Mar 25 2018
Runs Small order up.