Shop By Brand
Shop the Newest Dolfin Uglies - You can view The Entire Collection Here »
Women's Swimwear Structure:
- Choosing the right swimwear for your swimming needs can make a lot of difference. The style and design is of course important; different styles suit different body shapes. Choosing the right material is also important. Finally the size must also be right. The fit should be snug but not tight. Here is more information on these points:
- Fabric used in women's swimwear
- Polyester: swimsuits made of 100% polyester are more resistant to chlorine and last longer. 100% polyester swimsuits are recommended for training and practice. Speedo Endurance Womens Swimsuits are among the most popular as they last a long time.
- Lycra/Spandex: swimsuits made of Lycra stretch better and usually fit more comfortably. However, they have a tendency to fade quickly and to get baggy with time. Recommended for some racing and comfort. Not recommended for training/practice. These swimsuits won't last long in high chlorinated water.
- Which style for you?
- Competition swimwear: Competition swimsuits are first intended for lap swimmers. The priorities in competition swimwear is comfort, durability and performance. The swimsuits come in different designs and prints: some colorful, some very plain.
- Technical suits: Technical swimsuits are specifically designed for racing in competition. Manufacturers use the newest technologies and the best fabrics to build technical swimsuits. That is why the cost is greater than regular competition swimsuits. Ready, Get set, Go!
- Fitness swimwear: Most commonly called "Water Aerobics Swimsuits". Fitness swimsuits have more conservative cuts and can have additional support like shelf bras or soft cups. Fitness swimwear is available in plus sizes as well.
- Lifeguard suits: traditional swimsuits with lifeguard/guard logos. Lifeguard swimsuits are most appropriate for certified lifeguards. Different styles include: one-piece, two-pieces, trunks and boardshorts. Lifeguard suits are usually red, but navy or black colors are also available. Check our Lifeguard Apparel »
- Practice swimwear: Most swimmers use traditional practice suits for training. Practice suits come in different fabrics like polyester or Lycra. Polyester swimsuits remain the #1 choice because they last longer and are chlorine resistant.
What Customers Are Saying...
Reviewing: Speedo Solar Strobe
True to size
STEPHANIE Z., PARKMAN, WY
| Feb 4 2016
Every Speedo I have owned has run small. Not this one. It is true to size, or even a smidge large.
Reviewing: Swimming Unitard
The suit fits perfectly and
SUSAN F., WESTON, WI
| Jan 31 2016
The suit fits perfectly. I may have issues with getting the zipper pulled up.
Reviewing: Speedo Grab Bag Pack Of 6
PAM T., ELK GROVE, CA
| Jan 30 2016
got a team suit for grab bag prices