Report A Technical Issue
With The Website
- SBR Sports
- Solmar Corp.
- Sport Videos
- Summer Solutions
Shop by style
- Competition Swimsuits
- Technical Swimsuits
- Girls Swimwear
- Fitness Swimwear
- Active Swimwear
- Two Piece Swimsuits
- Grab Bag Suits
- Lifeguard Suits
- Unitard Swimsuits
- Cover ups
- Swim Dress
- Water Polo Suits
- Triathlon Suits
- Long Torso Swimsuits
- Maternity Swimwear
- Swimwear Solution
- Thermal Suits
Shop the Newest Uglies - View The Entire Collection Here »
- Choosing the right swimwear for your swimming needs can make a lot of difference. The style and design is of course important; different styles suit different body shapes. Choosing the right material is also important. Finally the size must also be right. The fit should be snug but not tight. Here is more information on these points:
- Fabric used in women's swimwear
- Polyester: swimsuits made of 100% polyester are more resistant to chlorine and last longer. 100% polyester swimsuits are recommended for training and practice.
- Lycra/Spandex: swimsuits made of Lycra stretch better and usually fit more comfortably. However, they have a tendency to fade quickly and to get baggy with time. Recommended for some racing and comfort. Not recommended for training/practice. These swimsuits won't last long in high chlorinated water.
- How to size for women's swimwear? The right swimwear provides comfort and coverage as well as support for freedom of movement. See standard women's swimwear sizing chart »
- Which style for you?
- Competition swimwear: Competition swimsuits are first intended for lap swimmers. The priorities in competition swimwear is comfort, durability and performance. The swimsuits come in different designs and prints: some colorful, some very plain.
- Technical suits: Technical swimsuits are specifically designed for racing in competition. Manufacturers use the newest technologies and the best fabrics to build technical swimsuits. That is why the cost is greater than regular competition swimsuits. Ready, Get set, Go!
- Fitness swimwear: Most commonly called "Water Aerobics Swimsuits". Fitness swimsuits have more conservative cuts and can have additional support like shelf bras or soft cups. Fitness swimwear is available in plus sizes as well.
- Lifeguard suits: traditional swimsuits with lifeguard/guard logos. Lifeguard swimsuits are most appropriate for certified lifeguards. Different styles include: one-piece, two-pieces, trunks and boardshorts. Lifeguard suits are usually red, but navy or black colors are also available. See lifeguard swimsuits and lifeguard accessories »
- Practice swimwear: Most swimmers use traditional practice suits for training. Practice suits come in different fabrics like polyester or Lycra. Polyester swimsuits remain the #1 choice because they last longer and are chlorine resistant.
Care Products for Swimsuits - Swimwear Solutions »
What Customers Are Saying...★★★★★
Swimsuit, conservative style
MARIAN CHITWOOD, CINCINNATI, OH | Apr 14 2015
The suit I chose is one that I first found on your site. After 4 or more suits, the only thing I change is the color. Thank you for offering conservative cut swimsuits for serious swimmers. I find it much more comfortable for serious lap swimming. Many thanks!★★★★★
I am a senior swimmer and I like the fit.
MARY ANNE JANISH, HOUSTON, TX | Apr 13 2015
I like this suit. It last a long time and I swim 3-4 times a week★★★★★
Reviewing: Tyr Moxie Diamondfit Female
Overall- Good product
MONICA MYERS, LEXINGTON, NE | Apr 12 2015
I think this swimsuit is a very good pick. It fits according to your size; not to small, not to big. I have yet to get in the water with it though, but I feel that it will still be an excellent swimsuit.