WOMEN'S SWIMWEAR INFORMATION
- Choosing the right swimwear for your swimming needs can make a lot of difference. The style and design is of course important; different styles suit different body shapes. Choosing the right material is also important. Finally the size must also be right. The fit should be snug but not tight. Here is more information on these points:
- Fabric used in women's swimwear
- Polyester: swimsuits made of 100% polyester are more resistant to chlorine and last longer. 100% polyester swimsuits are recommended for training and practice. Speedo Endurance Womens Swimsuits are among the most popular as they last a long time.
- Lycra/Spandex: swimsuits made of Lycra stretch better and usually fit more comfortably. However, they have a tendency to fade quickly and to get baggy with time. Recommended for some racing and comfort. Not recommended for training/practice. These swimsuits won't last long in high chlorinated water.
- Which style for you?
- Competition swimwear: Competition swimsuits are first intended for lap swimmers. The priorities in competition swimwear is comfort, durability and performance. The swimsuits come in different designs and prints: some colorful, some very plain.
- Technical suits: Technical swimsuits are specifically designed for racing in competition. Manufacturers use the newest technologies and the best fabrics to build technical swimsuits. That is why the cost is greater than regular competition swimsuits. Ready, Get set, Go!
- Fitness swimwear: Most commonly called "Water Aerobics Swimsuits". Fitness swimsuits have more conservative cuts and can have additional support like shelf bras or soft cups. Fitness swimwear is available in plus sizes as well.
- Lifeguard suits: traditional swimsuits with lifeguard/guard logos. Lifeguard swimsuits are most appropriate for certified lifeguards. Different styles include: one-piece, two-pieces, trunks and boardshorts. Lifeguard suits are usually red, but navy or black colors are also available. Check our Lifeguard Apparel »
- Practice swimwear: Most swimmers use traditional practice suits for training. Practice suits come in different fabrics like polyester or Lycra. Polyester swimsuits remain the #1 choice because they last longer and are chlorine resistant.
WOMEN'S SWIMWEAR REVIEWS
What Customers Are Saying...★★★★★
Reviewing: Dolfin Uglies NEW WAVE
Dolphin Uglies V-2 Back Women's Swimsuit
LISA S., LAKE CHARLES , LA | Sep 2 2019
Dolphin Uglies are my favorite lap swimsuit. They are durable and do not fade. Longest lasting suits I have had.★★★★★
Reviewing: Dolfin Conservative Lap Suit Womens
Lap Swimming Suits
ELIZABETH K., SAN ANTONIO, TX | Jul 16 2019
I love these swimming suits. They fit well. They do not ride up. They last a long time if you take care of them. They are simply great!★★★☆☆
Reviewing: Dolfin Chloroban Polyester
Sizing is very, very small
Micki M, Maine | Jun 19 2019
The sizing on this suit ran extremely small - to say my normal size felt like a sausage skin is an understatement. OK, that happens - but the Customer Service people get a minus 5 stars. Awful and indifferent - I will NEVER buy on this site again.