Shop By Brand
Shop the Newest Dolfin Uglies - You can view The Entire Collection Here »
- Choosing the right swimwear for your swimming needs can make a lot of difference. The style and design is of course important; different styles suit different body shapes. Choosing the right material is also important. Finally the size must also be right. The fit should be snug but not tight. Here is more information on these points:
- Fabric used in women's swimwear
- Polyester: swimsuits made of 100% polyester are more resistant to chlorine and last longer. 100% polyester swimsuits are recommended for training and practice. Speedo Endurance Swimsuits are among the most popular as they last a long time.
- Lycra/Spandex: swimsuits made of Lycra stretch better and usually fit more comfortably. However, they have a tendency to fade quickly and to get baggy with time. Recommended for some racing and comfort. Not recommended for training/practice. These swimsuits won't last long in high chlorinated water.
- How to size for women's swimwear? The right swimwear provides comfort and coverage as well as support for freedom of movement. See standard women's swimwear sizing chart »
- Which style for you?
- Competition swimwear: Competition swimsuits are first intended for lap swimmers. The priorities in competition swimwear is comfort, durability and performance. The swimsuits come in different designs and prints: some colorful, some very plain.
- Technical suits: Technical swimsuits are specifically designed for racing in competition. Manufacturers use the newest technologies and the best fabrics to build technical swimsuits. That is why the cost is greater than regular competition swimsuits. Ready, Get set, Go!
- Fitness swimwear: Most commonly called "Water Aerobics Swimsuits". Fitness swimsuits have more conservative cuts and can have additional support like shelf bras or soft cups. Fitness swimwear is available in plus sizes as well.
- Lifeguard suits: traditional swimsuits with lifeguard/guard logos. Lifeguard swimsuits are most appropriate for certified lifeguards. Different styles include: one-piece, two-pieces, trunks and boardshorts. Lifeguard suits are usually red, but navy or black colors are also available. See lifeguard swimsuits and lifeguard accessories »
- Practice swimwear: Most swimmers use traditional practice suits for training. Practice suits come in different fabrics like polyester or Lycra. Polyester swimsuits remain the #1 choice because they last longer and are chlorine resistant.
What Customers Are Saying...
Reviewing: Speedo Conquers All Swimsuit
Speedo Conquers All Endurance+ Touch Back Female
VALENTIN R., BUDA, TX
| Sep 27 2015
Only front lined.
Reviewing: Dolfin Aquatard Womens
True to size, quality material
ALICE W., KENSINGTON, CA
| Sep 24 2015
Perfect for swim workouts, good coverage if you are modest.
Reviewing: Speedo Grab Bag Pack Of 3
Love this grab bag.
SUSAN L., MANAHAWKIN, NJ
| Sep 22 2015
Speedo is a terrific manufacturer and perfect fit for me. I especially appreciate the suits with a liner. I'm a bit older and a swimsuit with a little "body" to it is much more flattering.